Think your child may not be getting enough iron? Adequate iron is important for blood cell production and body development. These foods contain loads of iron to give baby a healthy boost! Try adding them to baby’s meal to support baby in supplementing key nutrients every day!
Spinach, tofu, eggs, beef and liver are full of iron! Start adding them to your baby's meal and let your baby get enough iron and energy to grow!
Here is a BEABA Babycook recipe packed with IRON! Try it out!
- Peel the carrots, wash and cut them into 1cm cubes.
- Cut the veal into small pieces.
- Place the carrots and veal in the steam basket.
- Pour water into the tank (level 3) and start cooking.
- Roast the buckwheat flakes in a pan without fat.
- Put the veal and buckwheat flakes in the blender and mix.
- Melt the butter lightly in a frying pan.
- Fry the veal/buckwheat mixture slowly (they should not smoke).
- When the mixture has become crispy, mix with carrots.
Roasting the cereals can give it more taste and a little more crispiness to the buckwheat flakes.
For the nutrition conscious:
The addition of rice and buckwheat flakes adds sufficient amount of complex carbohydrates that baby’s need.
In terms of texture, this recipe allows baby to discover the crispy topping. It is also delicious for adults!
Alternatives for lactose intolerant:
Roast the veal/buckwheat mixture in a teaspoon of olive oil, the result will be just as good.