Sweet potato is a great first food, because it's soft, it's sweet and it's nutritious. These biscuits are great for baby led weaning, and you can cut them out into any shape you like. We've made bunny shapes for Easter!
Baby led weaning is the concept of letting your little ones see and experience whole foods and try them on their own time, to develop an appreciation for different tastes and textures. Baby led weaning appropriate foods are often bite-sized and can be held easily by little hands. It may get messy, but the sight of your little one enjoying their snack time and meal time on their own is worth it all!
For ideas on baby led weaning friendly tableware for the little ones, check out our curated selection of beautiful and eco-friendly products for a more enjoyable experience!
- 150g sweet potato
- 150g self raising flour
- 70g slightly softened (not melted) unsalted butter
1. Cook the sweet potato in the microwave (w/ skin) or in a pan with water (w/out skin) until soft
2. Remove the skin, if any, and mash it until no lumps, then mix with flour and butter with your hands until it's dough-y
3. Roll it onto a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick and cut out as many biscuits as you can using cookie cutters
4. Put on a greased baking sheet or non stick baking liner and cook in the oven on 190 degree celsius for 10-15 minutes