Who doesn't love chocolate for Christmas? Make this Christmas treat with your little ones and they will have a great time. This Christmas Log recipe is suitable from 12 months.
Makes 4 mini logs
- Place sliced bananas in the Babycook blending bowl with eggs, butter and vanilla essence and blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add flour that you have already mixed with baking powder and blend. Consistency should be similar to a pancake mix.
- Gently heat a non-stick frying pan, add a knob of butter or touch of oil if needed.
- To make one roll, pour 1/4 of the 'pancake like' mixture into the pan and aim for a 1/4 in thickness. Leave it to cook slowly then turn in over so that both sides turn a golden colour.
- Put the pancake on a plate and whilst it is still warm roll the pancake up and cut the two ends to make a nicely formed log.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a microwave friendly bowl with 4 tsp of water. Cover with cling film and put in the microwave for 30 secs (or until melted), stirring half way through.
- Cover each log generously with the melted chocolate. For an even more attractive log, use a fork to make ridges in the chocolate similar to a wood effect.
- Leave the logs to cool for a few minutes before placing in the fridge.